In case your backyard is overflowing with zucchini otherwise you simply desire a tasty snack, that is the recipe you want.
This zucchini pizza bites recipe tops slices of contemporary zucchini, zesty pizza sauce, gooey cheeses, and pepperoni for a straightforward chunk.
Preferrred for a fast wholesome meal or to function a low carb appetizer, they’re effortlessly scrumptious.
Chunk-Sized Pizza Goodness!
- Zucchini pizza bites pack the pizza taste you’re keen on in slightly handheld chunk.
- They’re a more healthy different to conventional pizza bites and simple to tailor along with your favourite toppings.
- Prepared in minutes to shortly curb your cravings.
- These are a success at events as a snack or they make a fantastic mild dinner or lunch.
Elements for Zucchini Pizza Bites
Zucchini: Select massive agency zucchinis; so they’re straightforward to slice. Slice smaller zucchini lengthwise if wanted. When you’ve got garden-fresh zucchini, even higher!
Pizza Sauce: Retailer-bought is completely wonderful, however homemade pizza sauce is straightforward to make and has nice taste. In a pinch, crushed tomatoes with a sprinkle of herbs can do the trick.
Mozzarella Cheese: Shred your personal for a meltier, gooier texture, however pre-shredded saves time. Be happy to combine it up with provolone or cheddar for a twist.
Parmesan Cheese: Grated contemporary from the block offers a richer style, however pre-grated works if that’s what you have got available.
Toppings: Mini pepperonis are completely bite-sized, however chopping up common ones works too. Attempt turkey pepperoni, sliced olives, bell peppers, onions, and even pineapple.
How you can Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Slice contemporary zucchini slices (per the recipe under).
- High with zesty pizza sauce, a sprinkle of herbs, cheese, and your alternative of pizza goodies.
- Bake to melty perfection, and voila!
Ideas for Excellent Mini Pizzas
- Don’t overcook: To maintain the pizzas from getting soggy, make certain to not overcook them.
- Spice It Up: Add pink pepper flakes or your favourite sizzling sauce should you’re craving some warmth.
- Veggie Variation: Experiment with completely different veggie bases like slicded eggplant, portobello mushrooms, or bell pepper slices for a enjoyable twist.
- Storage: If there are any leftovers, retailer them in an hermetic container. They’re even good chilly! These might be reheated within the air fryer or in a skillet.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Whip up a batch of bite-sized zucchini pizzas, layered with tangy sauce, wealthy cheeses, and your alternative of toppings.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Slice the zucchini into ¼-inch thick rounds or if the zucchini is small, slice it lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Place the zucchini on a rimmed baking sheet.
High every every slice with pizza sauce and a sprinkle of oregano. Add mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and mini pepperoni.
Bake for five minutes. Take away the zucchini from the oven and switch the oven to broil (excessive).
As soon as the broiler is sizzling, place the zucchini 4-inches from the broiler and prepare dinner for a further 5 minutes, or till the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Take away from the oven and let cool for a minute or two. Garnish with basil and serve.
- Don’t overcook the zucchini.
- If the toppings have moisture (like mushrooms), prepare dinner them earlier than including to the bites.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 398IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Recipe by EasyLowCarb: Pizza Zucchini Bites