- WhatsApp is rolling out a brand new screen-sharing function throughout video calls.
- The function is being progressively rolled out to customers on Android, iOS, and Home windows, so it might not be out there to everybody but.
- To make use of the screen-sharing function, open WhatsApp, begin a video name, faucet the screen-sharing icon, affirm your display share, and faucet on Cease Sharing whenever you’re accomplished.
WhatsApp has been ramping up the addition of useful new options in current occasions, equivalent to with the ability to edit messages ultimately, and one other very useful new function might be on the way in which.
A post from Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook introduced that WhatsApp display sharing throughout a video name is coming to all customers of the favored messaging service. The function was first launched to WhatsApp beta testers in Could 2023, and now it is coming for everybody to get pleasure from.
The way to share display on WhatsApp
It is vital to notice that this function is rolling out to customers progressively as of publication. It is popping out in a phased method on Android, iOS, and Home windows, so if the process outlined under does not be just right for you, it means the function hasn’t rolled out to your system simply but.
Nonetheless, if the function is enabled for you, the steps under are the way it works, and may give a powerful sense of how screen-sharing will work if it is added for everybody very shortly.
- Open WhatsApp
- Begin a video name with a contact
- On the backside of the show, faucet the screen-sharing icon (a telephone with an arrow on it)
- Verify that you simply wish to share your display
- Faucet on Cease Sharing everytime you’d wish to cease your display share
At this stage, although, it hasn’t rolled out to us but, so we will not take a look at how many individuals you’ll be able to display share with directly. Nonetheless, within the photograph shared by Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg, you’ll be able to see greater than two individuals within the name, so we will safely assume that this function will assist group calls.
When does screen-sharing come to WhatsApp?
We lastly know that the brand new screen-sharing function is now rolling out to all WhatsApp customers, having began on August 8, 2023. Anybody trying to check out the function on Android, iOS, or Home windows ought to comply with the steps outlined above.
If the screen-sharing icon (a telephone with an arrow on it) is there, you need to use it. If it isn’t, simply wait just a few extra days and it ought to change into out there to you.