That is a simple aspect dish we make all 12 months lengthy and one in all my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed filled with contemporary cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an important lunch or is ideal served alongside virtually any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Stays contemporary for days: No lettuce means this Greek salad recipe received’t wilt, making it an important alternative for meal prep, picnics, and potlucks.
- Versatile: Add a hearty grain or your go-to cooked and cooled pasta with a bit of additional dressing.
- Make it a meal: High it with some protein to make it a meal; strive grilled chicken or shrimp.
- A meal prep favourite: Plan forward for per week’s value of healthful, low-cal lunches. Lay it atop a mattress of Romaine, quinoa, and even some flavorful beans.
- A straightforward crowd-pleaser: Its shiny, contemporary flavors and crisp texture may have everybody asking for seconds. Plus, it’s fast to toss collectively.
Greek Salad Substances
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Select any number of contemporary ripe tomatoes. If prepping forward, Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes maintain up effectively.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper are all concerning the crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter shade you’d like. There isn’t a must peel the cucumber.
- Crimson Onion provides a punch of taste. To scale back the chunk a bit bit, soak the slices in chilly, salted water for those who’d like.
- Olives – Kalamata olives add nice taste to this recipe. In the event you aren’t a fan, you possibly can go away them out of this recipe or strive swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, or capers!
- Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. A standard Greek salad serves the feta cheese in a big slice on the salad, nevertheless, we prefer to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chunk.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing must be quite simple, this lets you actually style the contemporary veggies.
The recipe beneath clothes the salad with a quite simple combination of oil, purple wine vinegar, and contemporary lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano.
When you’ve got a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should utilize that too however on this combination, we favor the straightforward contemporary dressing.
Feeling Fancy? When you’ve got contemporary herbs available, like oregano, parsley, or contemporary dill, sprinkle a bit bit on high.
How you can Make Greek Salad
- Chop the greens into giant chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake effectively (per the recipe beneath).
- Toss and garnish with feta & parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Maintain leftover Greek salad in a coated container for as much as 4 days. Add some contemporary veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? You’ll want to go away a score and a remark beneath!
This contemporary Greek salad recipe is an easy mixture of contemporary veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a contemporary and simple dressing.
Mix all dressing elements in a small bowl and blend effectively or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss effectively to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up effectively on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will preserve for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is optionally available however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese could be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.