Whip up a batch of baked zucchini fries for a wholesome, healthful snack anytime!
Contemporary zucchini fries are coated in a Panko parmesan batter and baked till they’re crispy, crunchy, and prepared for dipping!
These will disappear off the platter earlier than you may have an opportunity to attempt them, so remember to sneak a couple of earlier than serving!
Baked Zucchini Fries
I like to serve french fries as a aspect dish, however I could make a complete meal out of those baked parmesan zucchini fries!
- Fast & straightforward! Baked zucchini fries come collectively quick, with little or no prep, and may even be air-fried!
- Baked not fried, however with a deep-fried crispy coating, zucchini fries are a guilt-free snack or aspect dish!
- Squash varieties are a wholesome different to starchy, high-carbohydrate veggies like potatoes or carrots. They’ve zero fats, and this recipe has a keto model, too!
Components and Variations
Zucchini – Zucchini has a agency texture and delicate taste, making it the right texture for fries, and no must peel!
Breadcrumbs – Seasoned or selfmade breadcrumbs work on this recipe, however Panko breadcrumbs will present the perfect crunch. Make keto zucchini fries by switching out the Panko for low carb or keto breadcrumbs, or crushed pork rinds and almond flour.
Variations – Sweet potatoes, asparagus, green beans, and even jicama could be breaded and baked into wholesome fries! Or make the oven pull double-duty and bake chicken nuggets subsequent to the zucchini fries.
Easy methods to Make Zucchini Fries
- Reduce zucchini into fries.
- Combine Panko, parmesan cheese, and oil (per recipe under).
- Dredge every zucchini within the flour combine, egg, after which the Panko. Press the crumbs to every zucchini stick to assist them adhere.
- Bake in a sizzling oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Serve sizzling together with your favourite dipping sauce.
Within the Air Fryer:
This recipe is nice to show into air fryer zucchini fries too.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place breaded zucchini fries in a single layer within the air fryer basket.
- Prepare dinner for quarter-hour, flipping the fries over midway.
Preserve leftover baked zucchini fries in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Re-crisp them by spraying them with pan spray and popping them underneath the broiler for a couple of minutes. Or reheat them within the air fryer.
Did your loved ones take pleasure in these Crispy Zucchini Fries? If that’s the case, go away a remark under!
Crispy Zucchini Fries (oven baked)
Tender zucchini fries with a easy parmesan Panko coating are what make these crispy zucchini fries so onerous to withstand.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
Wash zucchini and minimize into fries (leaving pores and skin on).
Mix Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, pepper & salt. Combine nicely and put aside.
Beat egg & milk collectively in a shallow bowl. In a 3rd dish mix the flour and garlic powder.
Dip every zucchini fry into the flour combination, adopted by the egg combination after which the bread crumb combination. Press the crumbs to stick to the zucchini.
Place zucchini sticks on the ready pan. Bake 14-18 minutes or till crust is crispy.
Serve with chipotle mayo or your favourite dipping sauce.
To make chipotle mayo mix:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bitter cream
- 1 chipotle in adobe (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Leftovers will preserve in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Energy: 59 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 180mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.